To join KMU, the process is easy.
Applicants who possess a non-R.O.C. nationality shall meet the Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan (Ministry of Education). Please refer to KMU Application Guidelines for International Students, the status eligibility and educational eligibility are provided.
Overseas Chinese Students (including students from Hong Kong or Macao) :
♦ The term “overseas Chinese student” refers to a student of Chinese descent who has come to Taiwan to study, who was born and lived overseas until the present time, or who has been living overseas for six (eight years for who intent to apply for School of Medicine/School of Dentistry) or more consecutive years in the immediate past and obtained permanent or long-term residency status overseas. Applicants shall meet the Regulations Regarding Study and Counseling Assistance for Overseas Chinese Students in Taiwan (M.O.E.).
♦ An individual who has a permanent residence certificate issued by the governments of Hong Kong or Macao and has resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for more than six consecutive years (eight years for who intent to apply for School of Medicine/School of Dentistry), is qualified to apply for undertaking studies in Taiwan. Applicants shall meet the MOE regulations regarding students from Hong Kong or Macao undertaking studies in Taiwan (Chinese version only).
♦ Overseas Chinese students, including students from Hong Kong or Macao who intent to study at KMU may apply through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Student, or apply directly to KMU.
University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Student (海外聯合招生委員會)
Mainland China Students:
Mainland Chinese applicants (PRC passport holders) must apply for admissions through the University Entrance Committee for Mainland Chinese Students (大學校院招收大陸地區學生聯合招生委員會).
Undergraduate Program: A senior high school diploma acquired from an overseas senior high school or a foreign or bilingual school in Taiwan shall be recognized by M.O.E. and verified by R.O.C. representative office.
School of Post-Baccalaureate Medicine: A Bachelor’s degree or higher obtained from a university or an independent college recognized by M.O.E. should be verified by R.O.C. representative office.
Master’s Program: A Bachelor’s degree or higher obtained from a university or an independent college recognized by M.O.E. should be verified by R.O.C. representative office. Should the applicant holds a Bachelor’s degree from a university in Taiwan, proof records are required to indicate that the applicant obtained the Bachelor’s degree in Taiwan with an international student status.
Ph.D. Program: A Master’s degree or higher obtained from a university or an independent college recognized by M.O.E. should be verified by R.O.C. representative office. Should the applicant holds a Master’s degree from a university in Taiwan, proof records are required to provide to indicate that the applicant obtained the Master’s degree in Taiwan with an international student status.
Application Schedule for Spring Intake 2020, Master’s & Ph.D. Programs OnlyClick for Open Programs
|Application Period||July 15, 2019 ~ October 14, 2019
|Written Examination or Interview|
(Subject to each Institute)
|October 16, 2019 ~ November 5, 2019|
|Application Result||November 13, 2019|
1. Visit Application Website, choose [Undergraduate Program] or [Master/Ph.D.], the degree program you wish to apply. Register for personal account. Applicants may apply for up to 3 programs.
2. Read carefully the Declaration and agree the terms of application. Please be informed that if any required fields on the application form is blank, it will not be saved successfully. Applicant can choose way of submission of the application documents, either by uploading the files or mailing the hard copies. Application without online registration will not be accepted.
3. Upload all required files and submit application fee (applicants of School of Post-Baccalaureate Medicine only). Applicants who choose to submit “By Express Mail” have to sent out the complete application documents by registered mail and be postmarked on/before the application deadline.
4. After filling out the application forms, print it out and sign then upload the scanned copy of the form.
5. Set up at least 2 respective referrers for each program applied.
6. Click the button “Submit Application” to complete online application.